Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Everything's changing

I don't blog well. I admit this. I get pumped up about a new blog for a week or two, and then I get lazy again. It's not that I don't think about it... I actually come up with insightful, witty, generally amazing (Hah!) topics to write about on here during my lengthy drives to and from work everyday... but then the work day hits full force and the blogging life is sucked right out of me.

Speaking of work, things are a-changin'... apparently, you should all add the title of "bookkeeper" to my job description. I swear, by the time I leave this workplace, I will be fully equipped to run a business of my own. Since I started here in Feburary of this year, these are the things I've done:

-Agent Assistant/Backup Receptionist
-Advertising & Marketing
-Bookkeeper

I'm thinking about getting my real estate license just so I can actually have had all the jobs possible in the building.

How did this bookkeeping thing come to be? Well, the girl who was in the position (who I shared an office with) got fired and went psycho (well... more accurately, went psycho, got fired, went MORE psycho). I witnessed the direct aftermath of the firing and it was not very pretty... we're talking 5 year old temper tantrum (but with the addition of the f-work, NUMEROUS times)... as in kicking things, yelling, and throwing things. Not so much becoming of a 27 year old with 5 kids (yeah I said it)....

So, here I am, trying to learn how to do a new job with no one but my office manager to teach me (who of course, isn't here today)... why must I be so responsible and dependable that superiors move me up and around (haha)? I mean, it's a good thing in some ways, because I'm getting more and more experience and I'll have a pimped out resume and all... but hell, I just wanna make my pretty little ads and print flyers sometimes!

In other news, one of the puppies, Lee, is sick. We're pretty sure he ate a rope toy or a blanket... those dogs are awfully cute, but I'm pretty convinced, not the smartest guys ever. I think he's on the road to recovery though as he's drinking water and even ate a few "cheerios" (i.e. some dog food that actually bears a striking resemblence to one of my favorite breakfast foods), so keep good thoughts going his way!

Yay for the weekend and get pumped... Thanksgiving is in less than two weeks... I LOVE the holidays!

No comments: