Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Painting MACHINE

So, we've lived in our house for about three and a half years. We have been slowly, but surely, painting the house at the rate of about one room per year.

Well, a few weeks ago, actually, I guess it was about a month ago now, before all of the flooding happened, I realized that we were behind schedule! We had passed the "3 year" mark of living in our house, and we had only painted 2 rooms: the master bedroom (a great medium blue color) and the living room (which is, I believe, "Sauteed Mushroom" below the chair rail, and "Ponytail" above).

So, on a Sunday morning after church, while Clay was gone to Corinth for the day, I stopped by Home Depot, picked up a gallon of "Chinese Jade", a new roller brush or two, a new roll of blue painter's tape and got to work!

Here's the color - Behr "Chinese Jade":
Photobucket

Here was my inspiration, my new casual china pattern that I started for myself in the Summer of 2008 with these very cannisters. Since then, I've been the dish queen for every gift giving occasion. At least I'm easy to shop for! (By the way it's "French Garden/Fleurence/Orange" by Villeroy & Boch):
Photobucket

Here are the "before" pictures:
(Ignore my messy kitchen please)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And 5 short hours later... tah-dah!
The finished product! Not the best pictures ever, but you get the picture:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm pretty proud of my handy work. Plus, now I'm a year ahead on the painting schedule, since I'm totally counting the breakfast nook that I painted as a 4th room. Pretty good use of a Sunday afternoon, if I do say so myself, since I can usually be found taking a 4 hour nap most Sundays!

No comments: