Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to our world Hannah!

Well, I'm a couple weeks behind, but who can blame me right? I'm typing this with one hand, on my phone, while a sleeping baby girl is lying on my stomach! Hannah was born on September 1 at 11am on the dot! She was 7lbs, 15oz and 20 3/4 inches long. Most importantly, she is perfectly healthy and perfect in her mommy and daddy's eyes!

Our lives have obviously changed dramatically since 9/1. We are slowly but surely starting to find our new normal. So far, I feel pretty lucky as she tends to sleep in 3 or so hour stretches through the night. Of course, I'm still beyond exhausted, but that comes with the territory.

We've had a few setbacks, but we're working through them. Breastfeeding has NOT gone well or as planned. (Sorry if this is TMI...) I've met with the lactation nurse at Hannah's pediatrician's office and left that day very encouraged, but we still have alot of problems and serious pain. Not just uncomfortable, but cry my eyes out, I can't stand it pain. Right now, we are trying to nurse, but I pump as often as I can and we are supplementing with formula. Not what I had planned, but she is being fed and that's what counts!

We had her newborn picture session yesterday and from the two sneak peek pictures we've received, we're very pleased! She's a cute little girl (though I guess I'm a bit biased!)

I'm looking forward to figuring out our new schedule, as most know I love me a schedule. I know it will be constantly changing.

Hopefully, being home with her now, I'll be able to carve our time to keep this updated on our ever changing lives!

No comments: