Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Christmas Music

"Christmas music? But it's only mid-October!" Yeah, I know. But, I have an unusual love of Christmas music. I have no shame that I often listen to the stuff all year round. I just can't help myself!

The best part about it... it's always uplifting. I mean, can you seriously tell me that you can listing to a Christmas CD and not be in a better mood? It's my first line of defense for a bad day at work or somewhere else. I just pop in an Amy Grant Christmas CD, Manhiem Steamroller or the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and BAM! instant happiness. It's a wonderful little trick actually. Though, I have to remember to keep my windows rolled up... because, as much as I love it, it is a little odd to see some girl jammin' out to stuff about sleigh bells and snowflakes and roasting fires when it's, oh, say 105 degrees outside. But the outside temp. never stops me... that's why we have A/C in our cars. So that I can make it frosty inside, and forget all of my worries in a winter wonderland (ok, sorry... that was really bad... I apologize for that one).

So here are my favorites, when it comes to Christmas music. You should probably keep them on hand for when the mood strikes (although, they are probably all available in the holiday section of your local Wal-Mart, which obvioiusly has ALL christmas decorations displayed prominently since it's after Labor Day).

- "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (soundtrack)
- Christmastime is Here, Linus and Lucy and Hark, The Herald Angels Sing... seriously, what is Christmas (or Christmas music!) without these???

- Amy Grant Christmas CD's
- Um, ALL OF THEM. I'm a little obsessive, but to my defense, I have been since I was about 4. I love them all... from the original with "Tennessee Christmas", "Sleigh Ride" and "Emmanuel" to 'Home for Christmas' with "Breath of Heaven - Mary's Song", "The Christmas Song", and "Grown Up Christmas List", to 'A Christmas to Remember' with "A Christmas to Remember" and one of my favorites on Chris Rice's CD "Welcome to our World". LOVE IT... every bit of it!

-Manheim Steamroller
- Just buy them all... it's glorious

and who can leave out the Mariah Carey Christmas album.... oh the days of Lambuth (we weren't "Christmas-10" apartment for nothing).

So that's my story on Christmas music. Get excited for it... it's coming! But, don't forget all of the wonderful holidays between now and then. I mean, if it has a Charlie Brown special for the holiday, it should NEVER be forgotten! (and on that note, if anyone needs to borrow "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", "Happy Thanksgiving Charlie Brown", "A Charlie Brown Christmas" or "It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown"... just hit me up. You know I have them.)

2 comments:

casey said...

bless you and your christmas-loving heart for this. i could bear hug you right now.

p.s. "all i want for christmas is you" from love actually soundtrack...or mariah + "feliz navidad" by celine dion = pure joy.

Sarah said...

ok, so i love amy grant. not just her christmas music, just period. i don't care if that makes me uncool or not.

and thanks for my comment... you're wonderful.

i'm also pretty sure you're magic the way you found that. i just started this yesterday. and i've told noone. magic, pure magic.